Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What is the actual point of debating people over the internet?

an0nym0us

Ping of death
Bronze Member
Website
www.forumishqiptar.com
Credits
Internet debates can be both a great way to learn and improve and also be a pressure valve for frustration. And while I disapprove of insults and purposefully using inflammatory arguments, if it keeps someone from jumping off the bridge or assaulting someone, I’ll gladly read all the insults he may throw at me.

Debating can be educational for people who may not fully know a subject until they interact with someone else who does. Though people can be stubborn and may choose to continue being ignorant of the subject and resort to name calling if they don’t agree with the other person’s opinions.

I don't think it's so bad, but there is a point where you can become too entrenched in it and it's not good for your health. Just give your opinion and back it up with facts but don't think you have to change anyone's mind.

If you can remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and you're not always right about everything in the world then I believe you can have healthy debates.

As long as it’s not intense argument, debating is a good way of knowing how people think and reason. Most especially people from a different region from yours. It can be fun too.

Debates are great as they help increase your knowledge on various niches, I usually engage in them, albeit sensibly. Once I see that a debate is getting too toxic for me, I bolt.
(Bad energy I zoom zoom zoom 🏃)

I don't debate with people online at all because most are trolls and I don't have time for it. It's just not worth the hassle to debate anyone online these days.

Human beings have a desire to community, that's why they developed language but their closest cousins, the primate, did not. Debating,whether online or offline,is a way to communicate.

I don't debate with anyone honestly because I don't like to waste time on people who just don't want to understand and stick to their point even though it's senseless from every possible angle. There are very very few people who are open-minded in nature. Those are the people with whom debating gets interesting and does not look like a catfight.

Coming from somebody who used to love arguing with people over the internet, I've stepped back and chilled on it. I realized all it did was end up making me either annoyed or outright angry if the other person was an idiot or too stubborn to see any other POV than their own. Sure, sometimes it was FUNNY to deal with dumbos but in the end, it just got more aggravating over the years. Now (for the most part) if somebody wants to argue I just let them yell at themselves.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor