Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Platforms you'd wish would come back?

Smokey

Revillution.net CEO.
Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
Are there any platforums you wish would come back? For me? I'd like to see 2 free forum hosts make a return if possible.

The big one being ZetaBoards. I really loved this system and always had a fun time posting on other ZB sites. A few big ones come to mind when I think of the platform as a whole. They sadly sold out to Tapatalk and that was the end of them. I think if Brandon put a little more effort into it, they could've been something really special with a few modern updates.

The other is IcyBoards which was a modded MyBB host. It wasn't as good as ZetaBoards but when ZB closed, it gave Jcink a run for their money. Nowadays I think Jcink is probably the only viable free hosting option though.

Createmybb is similar to Icyboards, but I definitely miss Icyboards. I also miss Zetaboards too, it's a shame Zetaboards was sold to Tapatalk. Another one I miss is Prophpbb, my forum Mighty No. 9 Universe was hosted on there for a bit, but we had to move to self hosting to get our theme working properly. It was the best phpBB host IMO.

The big one being ZetaBoards. I really loved this system and always had a fun time posting on other ZB sites. A few big ones come to mind when I think of the platform as a whole. They sadly sold out to Tapatalk and that was the end of them. I think if Brandon put a little more effort into it, they could've been something really special with a few modern updates.
Absolutely. I was almost with the Zathyus Networks community from start to finish, it was my home away from home where I spent countless years providing support, codes, themes, etc. It's where I started to venture out and gain coding knowledge, which I still use. I miss a variety of the communities and users on the network. It was a fun adventure in my life on ZetaBoards and it helped shape my interests and hobbies of today. I had my positives and negatives with the network, but I sure do miss the atmosphere and vibe the network had. It was full of webmasters who wanted to succeed and concur in the forum world. It will always have a special place in my memories.

Oddly, I miss Conforums. Especially Dave who was the main support guy there.

Zetaboards would be on the top of my list, no questions asked. Followed by IcyBoards.

If both these hosts still existed today, the forum world would be a lot more joyful and fruitful. But it seems they got out on the right time, or just their closure ended a lot of communities all together.

Postloop 100%. It was one of my favorite freelance PTP website back in the days. I strongly wish for it to make a big comeback.

I definitely miss Zetaboards, and also IPBFree. Those were the two I used a lot for non-SMF forums.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor