Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Friendly Chatting (Pending)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a BIG decision to make… do I stay as I am with Jcink..OR..switch to Xenforo? I looked at IPB..and read community posts. people are not happy with the service any more. Xenforo cannot convert my forum over..so it would mean starting again..something I do NOT want to do… decisions decisions..

Or convert to another software that allows for an old IPB database, then upgrade to their latest software, purchase a licenses from Xenforo and then import from the latest version of the software you've imported to. It's more convoluted than looking for someone to make a converter, but it's also cheaper. (Unless money isn't an issue.) Though to be fair, having a standalone converter for Jcink boards would be great. You wouldn't have to go through the headache of converting to an outdated software, then upgrade to the latest version.

My INVALUABLE techy person..Mr Skyon Archer…who @Cory knows well..can work magic…but..not sure he can do all that… @Cory? 😂😂😂. I wont start from scratch again…

Immediate question: do you use dohtml? None of the major vendors support it (XenForo explicitly doesn't, IPS could with some effort)

I assume you don't use the subaccounts feature either.

Everything else should be fair game for conversion. But I thought you hated everything else because it was too complicated.

No I do not use dohtml or subaccounts, As for being too complicated…I get by but I’m not quite as techy minded as some of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor