Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General Do you introduce yourself after joining a forum?

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.
Credits
We have discussed a lot on how we feel as forum owners about new members making/not making an introduction thread after joining our forum. (Click here if you haven't posted your thoughts on it yet.)

Now its time to look in the mirror and answer a couple of questions. Do you yourself create an introduction thread after joining a new forum? Have you been doing it since the very beginning of your life in forums, or have you started doing it after realizing it's importance at some point? Or do you think it does not really matter?

Advertisement Placeholder
I usually do these days, but I didn't always introduce myself. I think if you make your introduction meaningful by telling a little about yourself, it's more worthy than just posting that I'm new here, so introduce me. People can maybe spark some interest in your introduction and maybe take interest in your hobbies, website, etc. Who knows? You might even be able to befriend someone by making a meaningful introduction.

I always post introduction threads but don't really introduce myself into any of them. I tend to keep to myself and keep most things rather private. I think a lot of people don't tend to actually introduce themselves when joining a forum as posting an introduction thread doesn't necessarily meant you actually introduced yourself.

I always introduce myself when I join a forum. I feel more polite when I introduce myself before getting into the community and start posting around on the forum.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds