Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

đź’¬ Platform Discussion XenForo 2.3 preview (4 Viewers)

Dedicated to updates, news, and discussions related to the community software platform like Invision Community, WoltLab, XenForo, and others. This helps us in organizing and centralizing all relevant information in one thread.
Devs think they’re doing good while in reality they lack so much. There’s little to nothing with a focus on brining content. Where as Invision Community just left XF in the dark.
If I was starting up a new site, I'd probably lean towards Invision... even with the fact that they will be going cloud only in the future.
I'd simply stay on the last self-hosted version and hire a developer to go over there code if needed for PHP upgrades and such. I know why Invision has planned to do away with their self-hosted option, but for many they require that option. But again, many of those are those nasty/too much work "hobbyist" website admins and not the deep corporate pockets that are apparently required.
XenForo has changed over the last 4-5 years... and not for the better. And it's a pity. It seems several of the developers and staff sat down on a jagged stick instead of their thumb recently and now can't get it removed.

Of course, at the rate their going... it will be 2025 before they get it released and somewhat stable. They really suckered quite a few folks in with their "fireside" sale after folks were not renewing because they were getting left-over peanuts for their money.

I know, that sale wasn’t right. Luckily I didn’t renew anything. I’d rather be a few minor updates behind than to pay for something that isn’t worth it. Because let’s be real here, if they won’t come with any real innovation, they will regret it. Maybe not in the first few years, but at some point in the near future.

Even their 3.0 version isn’t really a major update other than a new theme and likely some additional stuff like we’re seeing now.

Because let’s be real here, if they won’t come with any real innovation, they will regret it. Maybe not in the first few years, but at some point in the near future.
I think in some aspects they are already regretting it... ergo the bonfire sale they had.
Complacency is a big killer.... and more and more XF seems to be turning into their two letter origination family member.
And lets not even talk about where folks like Chris Deeming really hate being called out on it and then they try to obfuscate and get torqued when they get called out on their attempts to divert attention from their years of thumb spinning.
I love reading over there as a guest when I have a few minutes, but usually don't waste my time there.... and have a close friend that keeps me apprised of the game playing that the cult members do over there when anyone dares to voice a criticism.

And actually... 3.0 is simply a theme engine update... no more, no less.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor