Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Trolls and Spammers?

Naiwen

Reputable member
Credits
Trouble-Makers are banned immediately on sight and permanently on my communities.

Advertisement Placeholder
I would agree, any person who has signed up to intentionally break the rules should be banished ASAP. However, you would need to be very sure that said person is definitely a troll and isn't just trying to spark debate or coming across as passive aggressive, this would need to be dealt with in a different way.

I've only had to ban two members of my community so far, they registered to do nothing more than post a spam advertisement to a cryptocurrency site. Those are the types I ban immediately, the ones that come to my board to do nothing but spam. Trolling can, at times, be harder to distinguish for some of the aforementioned reasons, but you'll eventually know if they are trolling based on how your members react to them.

If an active member is spamming or trolling I would probably warn them first and if they continued I would probably go to a much drastic measure such as banning or suspending.

I've only had to ban two members of my community so far, they registered to do nothing more than post a spam advertisement to a cryptocurrency site. Those are the types I ban immediately, the ones that come to my board to do nothing but spam. Trolling can, at times, be harder to distinguish for some of the aforementioned reasons, but you'll eventually know if they are trolling based on how your members react to them.

If an active member is spamming or trolling I would probably warn them first and if they continued I would probably go to a much drastic measure such as banning or suspending.
How dare you @Nomad ? That's not nice of you. :LOL: Just kidding. I know Nomad wouldn't do that. :p

There's a fine line between spamming/trolling and someone trying to spark debate or coming across as passive aggressive like @Strawberry said. So once that is completely clear and you end up with a spamming/trolling person then I would just straight ban that person.

I know this person on multiple forums, I have even posted on his/her forum. However, I see this person frequently spamming forums with his/her external links, especially youtube video links. This person also sometimes creates good posts. So, in a situation like this, you might not be able to ban this person outright. I have not banned him/her, I just delete his/her spam posts.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds