Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you own any domains you don't use?

Smokey

Revillution.net CEO.
Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
Do you own any domains you aren't using? I have a really old one I keep forgetting to cancel the auto-renew on. it's not costing me too much but I just have no use for it. Do you have any domain names you own that aren't being used?

I have a few domains that I own that I’m no longer using. I should get rid of some that I no longer use…

the real question for me is out of the 10s of domains i own, which one actually has a server associated with it? 1. this is why i disable all of my auto renewals because i just either don't have the time (that's a lie) or i just lose interest (truth).

How do you define "don't use"? I own 4 domains, but none of them is associated with a website at the moment. But I use them for E-Mail and FTP.

How do you define "don't use"? I own 4 domains, but none of them is associated with a website at the moment. But I use them for E-Mail and FTP.
That sounds like a definition of not using. :p

I have a couple, but usually let them expire too.

I created Sinistra Gaming not realizing someone else had clammed that name on Twitch so I am currently trying to come up with a new brand for my streaming lol but that's the only one I currently have that I don't use? lol

Nope, I've only purchased about 2 - 3 domains in my lifetime and used them for their expiration period.

I used to have a lot of domains that I was not using, but these days I am using all of the domains I own.

I have one like that... it was registered back in 2003 to use for a motorcycle site, but then changed my mind to target more than Texas for the site. Decided to keep the domain since I had been using it for quite a bit of email and that's what it is still used for 21 years later.
I've got another one that I was going to use to do paid hosting with about a decade ago... but decided I really didn't want those headaches of another job since I was retired.
I keep it around as a catch-all for stuff, mainly setting up server/vps names.

Last edited:
I own over 200 domains. Most of which I don't use. I have auto renew turned off because I like to renew them on a case by case basis. I have unfortunately lost a few domains I purchased for large sums this way though :(

My coderl.ink and mathl.ink domains will expire soon. Whoever is welcome to grab them if they can. Anyway, I had plans for them, but on 2nd thought, they weren't the best names.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor