Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you know your staff personally?

Nomad

Service Team
Service Team
Thread Starter Posting Machine 1-Year Membership Webmaster
Credits
Do you know your staff personally? I mean do you know their real name, location, profession, etc? Do you have access to personally identifying information about your staff? Currently, I do not have any staff on my sites, but in the past when I hired staff I hired hose who had already worked for me in the past and I knew them personally. Does ir matter whether you know your staff's personal information or not?

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't know my staff on a personal level, I don't think it's a requirement unless you've got a business along with your website and have to pay your staff. At the very least I'd like to know which timezone they live in just to see when they'll be more active.

One staff member I have who is my other half is the only one at this time that I know personally in terms of real name, where they live and such.

I used to have more family member such as my dad and mum on older forums I had years ago but with life changes, they are no longer able to be staff on my forum due to my dad now being unable to do as much as he used to be able to and my mum being a carer for him.

I don't know my staff on a personal level, I don't think it's a requirement unless you've got a business along with your website and have to pay your staff. At the very least I'd like to know which timezone they live in just to see when they'll be more active.
Agreed, but even then you don’t need to know your staff in person. Of course you’d want to conduct the necessary legal background checks and you’d verify their identity via their passport, lol. And conduct some kinda video call interview so you can put a name to a face ;)

If it’s just a volunteer position like a forum community partnership, I think it’s still important to have some level of friendship and trust even if you don’t know them IRL. An online friendship can feel very real from experience.

The only staff member I've worked with that I've probably known personally was Helena. We even met up one time in a big city near me when she was visiting the area from afar. We've told personal details about each other and have known the ins and outs of each other's lives. I don't chat with her as much as I used to, but I still consider her one of my best friends.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds